Posted on August 21, 2018
Discount dental cards offer an affordable alternative to dental insurance plans.
Many people who have dental insurance plans find that they don’t ever use as much in benefits as they spend in premiums each year. If this is the situation you are in, you or your family probably have healthy teeth and don’t need dental work very often. This is the perfect situation in which to use a discount dental plan.
Discount Cards are Affordable
Often times, you can buy a discount card for an entire year for the equivalent of two months dental insurance premiums. It’s an excellent way to save your money if you don’t need a lot of dental work throughout the year. It’s not uncommon to save hundreds of dollars each year by using a discount program, instead of insurance.
Quality Dental Protection
Even though they are affordable, discount cards still offer great protection. Most plans offer discounts of 10% to 60% for most dental services. Many plans offer excellent discounts for preventive care as well. In addition, if you ever need minor or major dental work, you can take advantage of much lower rates than you would normally pay.
Easy to Use
With discount dental cards, you don’t have to worry about claim forms. You don’t have to wait weeks to find out how much your insurance plan will pay, only to get billed an additional amount when they claim is only partially paid. With discount cards, you know how much you pay when you are at the dentist. There’s no waiting and there aren’t any surprises.
Posted on August 5, 2018
Many people develop a fear of dentists early in their lives. This could be due to a combination of factors, such as wrong diagnosis, poor pain and discomfort management, embarrassment over teeth and mouth conditions, and previous negative experiences among others. A recent survey shows that 9 to 15% of Americans avoid seeing their dentist due to these fears and anxiety.
This means many families suffer silently while dental services today have advanced tremendously. Without proper oral care, you are exposing yourself to the risk of gum disease, tooth loss, poor dietary habits among other related health problems.
Sedation Dentistry to Overcome Anxiety
If you or someone close to you is suffering from dentophobia, it is high time you tried a whole new dental experience through sedation dentistry. This is a Godsend for anyone with an extreme fear of oral care professionals. To appreciate the importance of this approach in medical care, you need to appreciate how it works.
In the simplest form, you doctor will use sedatives to help you relax and reduce patina and discomfort during the procedure. The sedatives can be administered in different forms;
- Oral: A pill is given to promote a high level of relaxation.
- Gas: This helps you to relax throughout the procedure although you will still be conscious.
- Intravenous: A sedative is administered through the veins into the blood.
Benefits of Sedatives in Dentistry
The advantages of using sedatives are enjoyed by both the patient and the doctor and they include:
- Quicker procedure because the doctor is able to focus solely on the affected area as the patient lies calmly. More work is done in one sitting as opposed to numerous visits.
- No fear and anxiety: The entire procedure goes on smoothly for the patient without any accompanying fears and anxiety.
- Pain-free treatment: The mouth is one of the most sensitive body parts and no one enjoys sharp objects prodding inside. With sedation dentistry, you are assured of a pain-free experience, which is what everyone wants.
- No painful memories: One major reason many adults suffer oral problems is the fact that they avoid dentists like the plague. This is understandable in cases where painful memories are involved. Luckily, your family doesn’t have to go through such horrendous situations because advances in dentistry will create only pleasant memories.
- More effectiveness: It is possible to talk to your dentist even when under sedation and this can lead to better outcomes of the treatment procedure.
Still worried about your next dental visit? You need not be; with this advanced procedure, you will have a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment without any accompanying pain and discomfort.
Posted on July 19, 2018
If you are finding that a visit to the dentist office is just taking too much out of your pocket, then maybe you should consider having dental service coverage. Having coverage provides security when dental visits become unexpected such as a toothache or more serious problems, such as an accident where loss of teeth are involved. When we have work done at the dentist and we receive the bill, if we don’t have dental coverage, this can take a big chunk out of our savings. We need to protect ourselves but we also have to be informed consumers to find out what dental insurance plan will work best for our budget and our needs.
Some of things that a consumer should explore before purchasing dental insurance are the cost of the plans that will fit within their budget. The consumer can get online quotes from different insurance providers, which will let them compare at what they have to offer and the cost. This will help to make a wise choice without breaking the bank.
The cost of a dental insurance plan will also depend on the type of coverage that you are looking for. There are basic plans that will just cover certain procedures and checkups. If this in not enough coverage, it is best to get more of a complete package, that covers much more as root canals, and any major procedures that need to be done. This can be more beneficial as it protects the consumer much more for emergencies that could crop up in the future.
Always be a well informed and know what your needs are. If you’re looking for dental insurance for just yourself or for your family, comparing prices and policies, will help in making a wise choice.